Visit CDNOW for The Specials Discography The Specials' On-line Community

Information should he should'nt he

TheSpecials2.com Forum Index » 30th & beyond Anniversary Tour Chat  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic

should jerry rejoin ?
yes
73%
 73%  [ 39 ]
no
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 53

AuthorMessage

Post subject: should he should'nt he Reply with quote

show your support for jerry.
should jerry forgive and rejoin the band for 30th anniversary tour?
maybe if there is enough votes in favour and if he reads this he might have a change of hart Wink
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm
Top of Page
2tonelol
Too Hot

Post subject: Reply with quote

www.regdafishthinktank.com
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheSpecials2Com/245413985501746

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:59 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
gj
Ska Face
Ska Face

I'd LOVE to have seen Jerry on the road with the rest of the band.

Except, I doubt the band would ever have made it out of rehearsal room.

But who knows what the future holds . .
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:01 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Total & Utter waste of time ,this subject is doing my head in ,for gods sake he doesnt want to do it the same way as the 6 that do, be told and be happy for what is happening Exclamation Rolling Eyes

www.thespecials.com

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:15 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
RudeGirl
Gangster
Gangster

MIKE CORNWELL wrote:
Total & Utter waste of time ,this subject is doing my head in ,for gods sake he doesnt want to do it the same way as the 6 that do, be told and be happy for what is happening Exclamation Rolling Eyes

Well said...I think you should step in for him now Mike and end all of these threads before my post count goes through the roof! Wink
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:16 pm
2tonelol
Too Hot

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm
2tonelol
Too Hot

actually could you add a 'passed caring' option? Ta.

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:27 pm
Paul Willo
Site Admin
Site Admin

We get the jerry angle.he knows people want him there.we all would love it but it aint happening.

Us voting wont help.Put this to bed for now before we all fall asleep!!!
www.theskapones.co.uk

www.youtube.com/paulska67

www.roddyradiation.com

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:33 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mail
RudeGirl
Gangster
Gangster

paulwillo wrote:
We get the jerry angle.he knows people want him there.we all would love it but it aint happening.

Us voting wont help.Put this to bed for now before we all fall asleep!!!

I predict another couple of threads about Jerry, what to wear to the gigs and which Coventry venue The Specials could play at before the end of....hmmm....*thinks*...
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:35 pm
Rude Boy
Too Hot

Mike, what you got to understand is that probably half the 1000 newbies that signed up probably haven't listened to a Specials record in the last 20 years let alone been to any sort of SKA concert.
Now that the forum is swamped with newbies you're going to get these sort of posts day in, day out.
They just don't understand what's gone on over the 25 years unfortunately.
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:37 pm
shaunius
Too Hot

Rude Boy wrote:
Mike, what you got to understand is that probably half the 1000 newbies that signed up probably haven't listened to a Specials record in the last 20 years let alone been to any sort of SKA concert.
Now that the forum is swamped with newbies you're going to get these sort of posts day in, day out.

people whinging about newbies is getting just as boring as the same posts showing up. you dont have to respond to every new post. if you dont like the subject, dont respond, itll move down the list soon enough.

everybody was new once!
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:46 pm
RudeGirl
Gangster
Gangster

shaunius wrote:
people whinging about newbies is getting just as boring as the same posts showing up. you dont have to respond to every new post. if you dont like the subject, dont respond, itll move down the list soon enough.

everybody was new once!

I don't think it is a whinge about Newbies...I still feel like one...I lurked for many years too...I think it's more a case of the many many threads on the same topic...
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 pm
RudeGirl
Gangster
Gangster

hrdraper wrote:
Who put that up Laughing

Dare I say, Jerry...? Laughing
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 pm
MIKE CORNWELL
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a whinge about newbies at all ,the more people on here the better its great to have so much extra interest,the subject in question has been mentioned so many times it gets tiring and also if there is a thread on a subject it would be better to just carry it on under the one that has already been started,thanks Wink

www.thespecials.com

PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:10 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
shaunius
Too Hot

RudeGirl wrote:

I don't think it is a whinge about Newbies...I still feel like one...I lurked for many years too...I think it's more a case of the many many threads on the same topic...

i think people read the first few recent messages on the home page then get over excited wanting to post summat "new" rather than go through all the previous posts

itll die down soon, then be the same circa april 09.

unless everyone becomes like me obsessed with reading whats been said, whether the subjects new or not!
PostPosted:
Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:28 pm

Post subject: Sir Jerry Dammers Reply with quote

VOTE FOR JERRY
PostPosted:
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:39 am
Top of Page

shaunius wrote:
Rude Boy wrote:

everybody was new once!

spot on mate, soon there will be as many posts moaning about and patronising newbies as there are newbies.

still it won't be something anyone has to worry about for much longer, one poor bloke who dared to post something that was deemed to be ill informed got told to "not bother" posting, much more of that crap and stuff like the "hilarious" pictures, they'll soon fuck off and the old guard will be left on their own again... just like a bunch of grumpy old geezers playing dominoes in the corner of a pub that got invaded at Christmas by the young people wanting to celebrate.
PostPosted:
Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:58 am
Top of Page

I think scantily clad women will definitely help the situation Laughing

Dont like the vibes on Roddys Forum this morning, the lad seems a bit down in the dumps, is that Jett Rink Lad around to throw any light on things???
PostPosted:
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am
Top of Page
Shan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anonymous wrote:
shaunius wrote:
Rude Boy wrote:

everybody was new once!

spot on mate, soon there will be as many posts moaning about and patronising newbies as there are newbies.

still it won't be something anyone has to worry about for much longer, one poor bloke who dared to post something that was deemed to be ill informed got told to "not bother" posting, much more of that crap and stuff like the "hilarious" pictures, they'll soon fuck off and the old guard will be left on their own again... just like a bunch of grumpy old geezers playing dominoes in the corner of a pub that got invaded at Christmas by the young people wanting to celebrate.

I think it's great we have so many newbies here, unfortunately it won't last longer than the tour for alot of people - I'd love to see you all stay and chat for years like some of us here have been doing. Sadly there's obviously a very small minority who lurked simply to buy tickets to flog at inflated prices to poor unfortunate fans who couldn't get tickets before their venue sold out.
What some people are complaining about is the fact that there are lots of posts about Jerry which are repeated all over the forum, and that if people read it those posts could be all in one or two threads.
Don't take it to heart newbies, like I said, we'd love you to stay and chat Smile
Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:59 am